BRP Threaded Bar Inserts ... are a more secure mounting system for aluminum handlebars using wrap-around style enduro hand guards. This insert only kit is for those of you who already have a 5/8 11-UNC tap from a previous purchase and just need the inserts only and includes two inserts, two flathead bolts to mount your handguards and an instruction sheet to guide you through the install procedure. BRP inserts install with a common hex key wrench and can be transferred from one bike to another.
- Tested to fit MX, MX-R & EX-R models of Alta bikes.
- The basic concept of tapping the handlebar to accept the threaded insert works like a charm. By limiting the depth of the tapped handle bar you can tightly bottom out the threaded insert preventing them from loosening. The throttle side insert is apprx 1/4" longer to accomodate the throttle pipe.
- The threaded bar insert is the most solid mount on the market at this time and outperforms anything else.
- We recommend using red loctite on the insert to prevent it from coming loose. Azonic double wall and Renthal Twin Wall handle bars are a larger ID than other aluminum bars and these inserts DO NOT fit these bars.
- These are the only 2 bars we have found that are not compatable at this time.
We are Open Minded
We are constantly working on ideas and designing new products. To be notified of the next launch, suggest and/or request a product, please send us an email. We would love to hear from you.