We are MotoMinded
MotoMinded LLC is a small but efficient company. Our passion is to imagine, design, produce, and sell clever products from our moto minds.
Happily located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, we are lucky to have some of the best places in the country to play on our 2 wheeled machines.
Our 3D Printer production studio has opened up a niche of products that fit between the one-off custom and high quantity production runs.
- There is a slight trade off for now, our lead time. We create, package and ship products based on demand. We will try to keep ahead of orders and carry a little bit of stock for our popular products.
We are Technology Minded
We have a small army of 3D printers. The Additive Manufacturing process (AKA, 3D Printing) is different than traditional manufacturing processes. Here are the major differences.
- We do not have to commit to creating a plastic injection die for every design. We do not have to stick with a single design with a high quantity production run.
- We can react quick to our vendors and bike manufacturers yearly design changes.
- There is very little waste with the Additive Manufacturing process. We recycle our plastic prototypes and parts that do not make quality control.
- We do not have to operate and maintain very expensive machines.
- The surface of our plastic parts are not perfectly smooth. This is due to how our printers build and how fast we run the machine to produce the part. The support frames that are structural and not easily seen when mounted on the bike. These have a rougher finish than our bezels. Bezels are aesthetic so we create these at a much slower speed. We also finish one surface of the bezels.
- We manufacture with 3 different plastics. ABS for most color and aesthetic parts. PC-PBT alloy for structural parts. (A compounded blend of Polycarbonate and PBT.) Ninja-Flex for seals and gaskets.
We are Warranty Minded
- 30 Day full return for any reason.
- Lifetime replacement warranty if the part fails in normal operating conditions.
- We have a very helpful crash replacement process. Case by case review.
We are Locally Minded
- Our goal is to only source vendors and supplies made in the USA. See our vendors and suppliers list.
- Our 3D Printers are made in Loveland, Colorado by Lulzbot.
- We purchase plastic from US suppliers when we can. Ex. Push Plastic.
- Chris Vestal, our founder and president, is sharing knowledge gained in our new process to the 2 local groups he has formed and runs in Colorado Springs: 3D Printing Community & the Pikes Peak Makerspace, which he is CO Founder of.
We are Outreach Minded
We are Open Minded
We are constantly working on ideas and designing new products. To be notified of the next launch, suggest and/or request a product, please send us an email. We would love to hear from you.